I attended the Entrepreneur Advisors Symposium in Atlanta and continue to be impressed with the quality educational content lined up by my friend Cliff Oxford. EA provides great educational content, but equally important they focus on driving commerce and pushing the revenue needle higher for entrepreneurs.
EA works hard to connect entrepreneurs with customers and business partners – generating entrepreneur commerce. Entrepreneur Success is our Mission at Small Business Roundtable.
The Keynote Speaker was Entrepreneur and former Kentucky Governor John Y. Brown, Jr. and he provided some awesome Points of Wisdom. I was also very impressed with Speaker Starr Hall, a nationally recognized expert on Social Media Marketing and Public Relations.
Governor John Brown is recognized as one of America’s Top Entrepreneurs most known for purchasing Kentucky Fried Chicken in 1964 from its founder, Colonel Harland Sanders, Brown overhauled the company’s franchising contract and worked to expand the chain from 600 locations to 3,500 units. Brown also Co-Founded Kenny Rogers Roasters, Miami Subs, Roadhouse Grill and he has owned multiple professional sports franchises including the Boston Celtics.
Governor Brown delivered a very engaging, fun and highly educational talk. A few learning lessons he mentioned:
- Keep it Simple.
- Look for an unfair advantage in a category that you can be the best.
- There is no such thing as a Genius.
- Keep asking questions until you are satisfied with the answers.
- Integrity is a must.
- Honor your deals – do what you say your going to do.
- There is no such thing as a bad resume.
- Entrepreneurs are always striving for success – You will never finish.
Starr Hall gave some great tips for Social Media Marketing and how to get awesome on-line PR:
- Social Proof – you must prove to your market that your worth doing business with.
- Engage On-Line Marketing for Powerful Publicity. Provide a good mix of social and business comments.
- Businesses must have Social Media Policies and Procedures.
Small Business Roundtable plans to have Starr Hall on the show soon to share more tips and hopefully Governor Brown as well. To learn more about Starr Hall visit StarrHall.com and please also visit Governor John Y. Brown, Jr. on-line.
I also recommend attending Entrepreneur Advisors symposiums in Atlanta and they have also launched EA symposiums in Charlotte, NC, Shanghai China and more cities to be announced. Please visit Entrepreneur Advisors on-line for more info.
Please sign up for our email list found on the right side of this page to be alerted of upcoming shows, videos and webinars on John Martin’s Small Business Roundtable.
Thanks for listening,
John H. Martin