Selecting a merchant card processor can be a very confusing process. Here are 5 Tips for taking the mystery out of merchant processing.
My guest is Kevin Parlin with Power Pay – an merchant processor serving a large community of entrepreneurs and on-line businesses. You will learn all the key aspects of merchant processing including; upfront and on-going fees, equipment, refunds, cash flow and more.
This is a must show for entrepreneurs and small business owners wanting a simple overview of the merchant processing business and how to select the right processor for your company.
Find this show Player at the bottom of this post.
Here are the Top 5 Tips for taking the mystery out of merchant processing:
- Find a processor that understands your business.
- Read and understand the terms of your contract.
- Make sure your processor uses precise descriptors, discloses terms and conditions and provides information contact information.
- Communicate with your processor. Keep them apprised of significant changes with your sales volume and business.
- Find a processor that provides strong customer service. You should get a processor that provides you with a relationship manager.
You can ask us questions anytime on Twitter at #SBRTALK and follow us on Twitter @JohnMartinSBR.
Thanks for listening to John Martin’s Small Business Roundtable – The Entrepreneurs Source to learn, grow and succeed.
John Martin – Host of Small Business Roundtable